The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom will be executing 17 new schemes in Pakistan worth PKR7,050 million during the current fiscal year.
As per media reports, the government has allocated:
- PKR400 million in the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP 2021-22), to establish an IT park in Karachi.
- PKR365.528 million for hybrid power solution Solarization in the remote areas of AJK.
- PKR365.528 million for hybrid power solution Solarization in the remote areas of Gilgit- Baltistan.
- PKR160 million for national centers of Research innovation and entrepreneurship in AAI and allied technologies (NCRIE-AI) feasibility study.
- PKR100 million for raising smart capital through private trading market at PSK (PSEB).
On the other hand, funds have also been allocated for the ongoing schemes in the country. As per details:
- PKR955 million have been allocated for blended virtual education (VU).
- PKR312 million for establishment of SINO-Pak center for artificial intelligence.
- PKR616mn for expansion of cellular services in AJK-GB.
- PKR500 for protection and up-gradation of Pak-China Phase-1 CFC project.
- PKR1500 for Technology Parks Development project (TDP) in the federal capital.
- PKR300mn for up-gradation of existing TDM based backhaul Microwave with IP based backhaul Microwave network in AJK.
- PKR500mn for up-gradation of transmission network and replacement of optical fiber cable in AJK and GB.
In another breakthrough, Pakistan’s information technology exports surpassed $2 billion in the previous fiscal year, representing a 47.4 percent increase.
According to the latest figures from the Commerce Ministry, IT exports totaled $2.12 billion in 2020-21, up from $1.44 billion the previous year.