In a collaborative effort spearheaded by the Isfahan Regional Centre for Technology Incubator and Science Park Development, an International Training Workshop themed “Sustainable Economic Growth through Establishing Science and Technology Parks” is set to take place in Isfahan from November 27-29. This initiative is being organized under the auspices of UNESCO (IRIS) and UNESCO Tehran Office (UTO), in collaboration with ISTT, ECO Science Foundation, and COMSTECH.
The primary objective of the workshop is to enhance the capacity of public organizations, science park authorities, university experts, and professionals managing science parks and incubators. Attendees will gain valuable insights into the establishment and management of these entities, fostering the growth of knowledge-based companies in their respective countries. Key Highlights:
- Facilitate the commercialization of research results, benefitting research institutions, independent researchers, university graduates, and authorities.
- Boost the capacity of players in the innovation space and increase the commercialization of research findings.
- By bringing together both the public and private sectors, the workshop aims to facilitate knowledge transfer at the national level.
- Science parks are recognized as crucial elements in the development of technology and knowledge-based economies, stimulating economic growth by accommodating high-tech firms and fostering creativity and innovation by startups.
- ISTT, as a pioneer of technology parks in Iran, has played a pivotal role in the economic development of the region by nurturing startups and SMEs, creating employment opportunities, and contributing to economic growth.
The workshop will cover various elements, including the growth and economic development through startup support, the establishment of incubators and science parks, admission of companies, pre-incubation, incubation, science park support services, mentorship, and financial affairs.
Participants from developing countries, ECO member countries, Iraq, Mongolia, Armenia, China, Malaysia, Oman, Morocco, Nigeria, Georgia, and Indonesia are expected to engage in presentations, lectures, knowledge sharing, group discussions, country reports, field visits, and evaluation sessions.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be awarded certificates issued by IRIS and the UNESCO Office, marking the success of a comprehensive three-day event aimed at fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange in the realm of sustainable economic growth through science and technology parks.