Islamabad, March 19, 2018: Central Development Working Party meeting was held under the chairmanship of Deputy Chairman Planning Commission Mr. Sartaj Aziz whereas Secretary Planning Mr. Shoaib Ahmed Siddique accompanied the deputy chairman planning commission. Senior officials from federal and provincial governments participated in the meeting.
The projects presented for approval includes energy, transport & communications, physical planning & housing, science & technology, information and technology, food and agriculture, industries & commerce, health and mass media.
In energy sector, Project titled “Implementation of integrated solution to improve productivity and control in NTDC by Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system” of worth Rs. 2919.12 Million was approved by CDWP.
In Science and Technology section, 11 projects were presented out of which the following projects were approved by CDWP for a total worth of Rs. 12177.542 million. The approved projects include:
- Uplifting of Academic and Infrastructure facilities at Hazara University
- Establishment of Engineering faculty at Karakorum international University
- Pak-Sri Lanka Higher Education Program
- International Law Graduate Scholarship for Baluchistan
- Prime Minister electric wheel chair scheme for university students
- Establishment of Technical training Centre for Precession Mechanics and instrument technology.
In Information Technology section, two projects of worth Rs. 1418.006 Million were presented and approved by the CDWP. The approved projects are titled:
- “National Response Centre for Cyber Crime (Phase 3)”,
- “Establishment of Land Revenue Records Management Information System in rural area of Islamabad.”
In Mass Media section, three project of worth Rs. 639.135 were approved by the CDWP, where one of these includes “Modernisation of Camera and Production Equipment of PTV”.